Nine Enforcement Orders in November
The FSAI announced that nine enforcement orders were issued for November 2021.
These included 8 closure orders, which are issued if an immediate risk to public health is identified. Of the eight closure orders, 5 were in Dublin, and one each in Meath, Leitrim & Monaghan.
There were also two prosecutions secured in November, against two premises in Dublin.
Reasons for the closures & enforcement orders
- Live & active infestation of cockroaches
- No pest control in place
- Dirty & Food-Stained surfaces for preparing foods.
- Overflowing sewage from a toilet due to a blocked drain
- The floor in the preparation area was flooded with overflowing grease trap water
- No commitment to a Food Safety Culture including no staff supervision & training
- Fridges not working correctly & high-risk foods failing to meet the required storage temperature
- No Allergen information was provided in writing for customers
You can see our video on this HERE
Book our HACCP Training Courses below
HACCP Level 1 Training Course HERE
HACCP Level 2 Training Course HERE
HACCP Level 3 Training Course HERE
Allergen Training Course HERE
You can keep up to date with all our news posts on FACEBOOK